Seven Dangerous People In A Local Church
As a minister beware that at one stage or the other in your ministry, you will find yourself dealing with the following groups of people. If you don’t have wisdom to deal with them, challenge is there are certain levels you will not reach in your ministry.
1. Thomas group -they walk with you but they don’t really believe in you. Though God can use you infront of them, they are not easily moved they take time to believe in you. These people can delay your vision and they are also not aware they are also delaying themselves. It’s a struggle and a burden to lead people who don’t believe in you.
2. Judas group– they walk with you but they have issues with you when God begins to bless you. They are not happy when things of great value are given to you. In short they are jealous of your success. When elevation comes they will say we have the poor in the church but the Pastor is driving a BMW 5 series but we have people that are struggling financially in this church . They want you to drive a Toyota Tazz which will make them happy. They have serious issues if your life becomes better and better. They talk as if you don’t care about the poor. Hear these Pastors, anyone who is jealous about your prosperity in your local church tomorrow he will betray you.
3. Absalom group– you give them your pulpit to teach or preach and he begins to see himself as the Pastor of the church, he believes he can teach and preach better than you. When he preaches, he preaches to prove a point that he is better than you, he won’t even mention you in his sermon. He works behind you to steal the hearts of people so that people will follow him. He will make people to feel they are neglected in your ministry. He will tell people he is there for them to help them anytime they need help. This group is in competition with you , he believes he can be a better Pastor then you . Tomorrow trust me he will split your church.
4. Korah group– this one will challenge your authority, he believes you are at the same level with everyone and he has issues when other church members give honor to you. He will say you are honoring this man too much. He has issues when you give instructions, he is rebellious and dangerous because he sees you as someone who is at the same level with him. He believes everyone is called and everyone is anointed so what is so special about you .
5. Ham group– this group will expose your nakedness, the day you find yourself in a shameful act, He will tell everybody your weaknesses and he will be happy to expose your disaster .
6. Gehazi group– this group is with you but will be collecting money from behind your back. He takes advantage that he is close to the pastor and use that to collect things from people. He borrows money from people and he does not pay them back. He goes to people to ask for financial assistance and make people feel you are not taking good care of him as he serves in the house.
>>>>>Also Read This:Grace For Finishing Strong<<<<<
7. Deotrephes group– this group is too dangerous, he is famous in the church , he has power and influence and has a voice amongst the people. He speaks malicious words behind your back . He is poisonous, he can come with stories that can totally destroy your image as a pastor. He can come up with serious lies that cause people to leave your ministry. He will come with stories that you are squandering church money, you are sleeping with the women and you are also using sangomas to grow your ministry. His stories are very harmful and dangerous.
And Jesus said “Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matthew 7:22-23”
Therefore I pray that God will give you wisdom to deal with all these kinds of spirits because, no Pastor can rise to higher level of his ministry until all these spirits have been dealt with in his local church, and if you deal with them in a canal way you can cause more damage to yourself and your ministry.