MAX JUKE was an atheist who married a godless woman. Some 560 descendants were traced, three hundred and ten died as paupers, 150 became criminals, seven of them murderers, 100 were known to be drunkards and more than half of the women were prostitutes. The descendants of Max Jukes cost the united state of American government more than $1.25million in 19th century dollars. JONATHAN EDWARDS was a contemporary of Max Jukes; He was a committed Christian who gave God first place in his life. He married a godly young lady,and some 1,394 descendants were traced. Two hundred and ninety-five graduated from college of whom thirteen became college presidents and 65 became professors. Three were elected as united state senators, three as state governors, and others were sent as ministries of foreign countries, 30 were judges, 100 were lawyers while one was the dean of an outstanding law school, 56 practiced as physicians and one was the dean of medical school. 75 became officers in the military, 100 were well known missionaries, preachers and prominent authors and another 80 held some public office of which 3 were mayors of large cities, one was comptroller of US treasury and another was the vice president of the united state. Not one of the descendants of the Edward family were a liability to the government. That is quite amazing, you said ! Here is the gospel, Jesus said “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten son of God-John 3:18”. Life without Christ is in shambles, lacks direction, full of confusion, in the state of dilemma, and living under eternal curse. But when you faithfully give or re-dedicate your life to Jesus, the result is ever glorious with relative peace in your heart, you will cease to continue to carry the burden of sin, now walking in freedom and translated into the kingdom of our lord Jesus christ. And that marks the beginning of great flows of all-round covenants of God in you and through your generations and life eternity! Jesus declared in John 14 verse 12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My father” Did you hear this, incredible! Praise God! You becomes light that illuminate and power that creates things that are glorious transcend through your entire generation. God bless you!-Dr G O Oyedepo.
Day: July 24, 2016
1. Great Marriages always have contentment but never have complacency. Contentment means choosing to always be thankful for what you already have whether it’s a little or a lot. Great couples have an “attitude of gratitude” for all they’ve already got, but they refuse to get on autopilot and stop dreaming new dreams together. They’re content, but never complacent. They’re thankful, but always moving forward together to reach new heights.
2. Great Marriages don’t have any secrets. Trust is the cornerstone of a healthy marriage, and strong couples have learned that secrets in marriage can be as dangerous as lies. When a husband and wife choose to communicate about everything (the good, the bad and the ugly), it brings a level of trust and intimacy that can’t be achieved any other way.
3. Great Marriages don’t have an “Exit Strategy.” Commitment leads to trust which leads to intimacy which leads to great marriages. The word “divorce” needs to be completely removed from your mind and your vocabulary if you want to create the stability necessary for a great marriage.
4. Great Marriages prioritize Fun. Laughter is the soundtrack of a great marriage. They plan and prioritize activities that will create fun and happy memories. Those activities don’t need to be expensive or elaborate, but they need to be deliberate.
5. Great Marriages keep an optimistic outlook. Happy couples face the same struggles as unhappy couples, but they choose to face those struggles with a hopeful perspective and an optimistic outlook. Always choose to see the best in each other and in the world around you.
6. Great Marriages don’t live on leftovers. We’re all sometimes guilty of giving our spouse our “leftovers” after we’ve given our best energies to our job and other demands. Vibrant couples always strive to give each other the very best of themselves.
7. Great Marriages have a foundation of faith. Couples who pray together are much more likely to stay together. I believe that God is the only “perfect” part of a marriage, so the more of Him you have in your relationship, the more perfect it will become!
–Originally published on Patheos.